Saturday, July 6, 2013

Late Night Chillage

Hello Dears,

Yes I know "chillage" is not a word but who gives a fuck? The English language has so much room for slang. I don't even understand these new terms that people are saying :/ Anywho... I was chillin' with my friend Blue and her boyfriend Jimmie Lee. She wanted food and it's pretty late. We don't know where we are going and she has this craving for breakfast food as a very late dinner.

So, seeing how most places would be closed, we made our way to Boys Town. Boys Town is the LGBTQ area of Chicago. Besides that, the area offers some great shopping, bars, and general night life for the eccentric crowd. Lots of rockers, punks, goths and other subcultures can be seen in this area. If I had the money, I would totally love to live in that area, but the rent is too damn high!

There is this 24 hour diner called Clark's and it has some of the BEST food and drinks I have ever had. The atmosphere is very chill and the waiters are super nice. Blue ordered french toast and pancakes and I ordered belgian waffles, while her bf ordered chocolate pancakes. I was in heaven when I saw the plate. These waffles are huge and when you ask for a la mode, you get a la mode :) I HAD to take pictures of how awesome these things looked (they tasted even better). If you're ever in Chicago, definitely stop by Clark's in Boys Town and you will not be disappointed.

Jimmie's chocolate pancakes

Blue's French Toast a la mode

Blue's Blueberry pancakes a la mode lol

My strawberry belgian waffle a la mode

No comments:

Post a Comment