Sunday, February 16, 2014

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel Review

Hello Dears,

I hope everyone has been having a great February thus far. It's been ok for me, I do have some events coming up that I will make posts about later in the month. But today I bring to you a review on a product that I was hoping would help my naturally curly hair but I was wrong XD. It might work for others whose hair is not so thick and unruly but it did not work for me.

So, I bought this gel hoping that it would tame my curls and smooth some of the major frizz I have. The texture is a bit stickier than other gels I have tried. It would provide a small amount of smoothing for my frizz but after an hour or so, I noticed my hair would puff out again and become like an afro. I know some might like that but I personally do not. I would run my fingers through my hair and it felt dry, sticky, and just unpleasant. I also tried to use this as an edge tamer when my hair is straight and it held for a little while before the frizz started to come back again.

The only thing I really enjoyed from this product was the smell. Herbal Essences makes products that smell wonderful but they do not always work for different hair textures. I don't know if I would buy this product again. But if I did, I would go for the maximum strength which is number 3 and see if the strength makes a difference for my hair.

Overall, this gel did not work for me but I am willing to give it a second chance if I can get the maximum strength one. If you gals have any suggestions for a scrunching gel that's good for curly hair then please let me know!

Price Range $
Packaging 5/5
Quality 2/5
Scent 5/5


Stay Classy, Sexy, and Sassy Gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment