Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Life Update

Hello Dears,

So the end of the semester is fast approaching and I am getting very restless. I'm behind in my homework but I will hopefully catch up this week. My mother moved into a new place and I have a room there. It's very tiny compared to my previous room when we moved. Eventually I want to go back home because it will allow me to save money and relax for a bit. But because I renewed the lease for the apartment I'm staying in, I have to wait until it's up next year in April to move out. But I will still visit my mom time to time and stay there for a few days during the summer.

 I'm currently living with my boyfriend and our relationship is becoming distant. I told him about my goal to be apart of the JET program and teach english in Japan and he said he hopes I don't get it so I don't leave him for a whole year. How could you say that to someone you're supposed to care about?? I was deeply hurt by that. If he can't be happy for the fact that I'm pursuing my goals then we don't need to be together. I have been with him for almost 8 years and we have had our ups and downs but this time it's serious. I'm not going to put my life on hold for anyone. If I have a chance to do something great and experience a new culture then why not take it?

We have been together for so long we should be married by now but I have been holding off because part of me is scared and I'm still young. I have so much time ahead of me and a whole world to experience. And it seems he cannot handle being separated from me which is very childish. In some ways I'm still a child myself but I want to grow up.

Apologies for my rant, just had to get it off my chest. In other news, my niece had her baby and the family she chose for adoption came to pick up the baby. The baby is a girl and she will definitely be happy with her adoptive parents. My niece chose to stay in contact and from afar she will watch her daughter grow up. When the time is right she will meet her.

And lastly the BEST news of all is I have a job interview Thursday!! Wish me luck! It will hopefully be a smooth transition from school to work. Of course it's not in my field but something to pay the bills while I work on my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment